Monday, August 4, 2008

Picture Panic

Most days I am pretty sane. I feel like I am a pretty good mom with pretty good kids. My house looks pretty good. We are doing fine. Then moments come upon me and I become absolutely sure that there is no way in the world that I will ever have enough pictures and video footage of the kids. I panic because they are growing so fast and there are moments that are just slipping by! I run and grab the camera to try and catch the moment, but the moment is gone and the kids just want to play with the camera.

To regain my sanity after my momentary panic, I try and reassure myself that no one really just sits around looking at pictures when they are adults. They are too busy living their moments. I also tell myself that each picture and clip of video is a treasure and a gift. I should just enjoy what I have and not worry about what I don't. Then I reassure myself that I don't have enough pictures because I was actually living the moment instead of observing it through a lens. I hope that I am right.

No comments: