Monday, August 25, 2008

Aging


This weekend I spent 10 hours in a car to go up and back to visit my 94 year old grandmother in her nursing home. All of that time and I could really only visit for a little over an hour because my 2 year old was so wiggly and difficult. The whole point of the trip was for her to be able to see my youngest since she has not yet met him.


I was just so saddened. I wish that she wasn't so isolated and so far away. I hate the way that things have worked out for her. What a strong Christian woman she is, she deserves better than she has received in her life.


Why does aging have to be such a terrible process. It is really just a very long slow death. I am so grateful to the Lord though that it doesn't end with her death. She will be reunited with her loved ones and in a body that does not work against her.


This week my mind will be focused on ways that I can improve her life here on Earth. I don't know what to do yet, but I will think of something.


Quit supporting the world. Support Christian stay at home moms in business. Join our list for free and get a bonus boycott page. Click here

No comments: